Top Ten New Words
10. SALAD DODGER: an overweight person
9. TESTICULATING: waving your arms around and talking sports
8. BLAMESTORMING: sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible
7. SITCOMs: Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage. What yuppies turn into when they have children and one of them stops working to stay home with the kids or start a "home business"
6. SEAGULL MANAGER: a manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and then leaves
5. SINBAD: single working girls; i.e. Single Income, No Boyfriend And Desperate
4. 404: someone who is clueless. From the World Wide Web error message "404 Not Found" meaning that the requested information is not there
3. AUSSIE KISS: similar to a French kiss, but given down under
2. MYSTERY BUS: the bus that arrives at the bar on Friday night while you are in the toilet after your tenth beer, and whisks away all the unattractive people so the place is suddenly packed with stunners when you come back in
And the number one new word...
1. ELECTILE DYSFUNCTION: the inability to become aroused over any of the choices for president put forth by either party in the 2008 election year
And the alternates...
MILLENNIUM DOMES: the contents of a Wonderbra; i.e. extremely impressive when viewed from the outside, but there is actually nothing in there worth seeing
MYSTERY TAXI: the taxi that arrives at your place on Saturday morning before you wake up, whisks away the stunner you slept with, and leaves a 10-Pinter in your bed instead.
BEER COAT: the invisible but warm coat worn when walking home after a booze cruise at 3:00am
BEER COMPASS: the invisible device that ensures your safe arrival home after a booze cruise, even though you're too drunk to remember where you live, how you got here, and where you've come from
SWAMP-DONKEY: a deeply unattractive person
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Top Ten New Words